In order to participate in these events, a set of obligatory equipment is required. However it is important to note it is the minimum necessary and that each trail-runner must adapt it according to their needs. It is important, in particular, not to choose clothing that is the lightest possible weight in order to gain a few grams, but to choose items which will give real protection against the cold, windy or snowy mountain weather, therefore giving a good level of security and performance.
Obligatory material :
O – obligatory equipment
R – recommended equipment
SR – strongly recommended equipment
* – the jacket must, imperatively, have an integral hood or one which is attachable by a system made for that effect by the manufacturer.
- all seams must be taped/sealed.
- the jacket must not have sections composed of fabric which is not waterproof, but the air vents (under the arm, across the back), which do not appear to affect the waterproofness of the garment are accepted.
It is the runner’s responsibility, according to these criteria, whether their jacket fits the regulations and therefore bad weather in the mountains, but, when controlled, the judgement will be made by the person responsible for the control or the race steward.
* The windproof jacket does not replace the mandatory waterproof jacket with hood
Required by the police :
- ID card
Very strongly recommended :
- Knife or scissors with which to cut the self-adhesive elasticised bandage
- walking poles for security on slippery ground in case of rain or snow
- a change of warm clothes indispensable in the case of cold weather, rain or injury
- the sum of 20 € minimum (in order to cover the unexpected….)
Advised (list not definitive) :
- Telescopic sticks, change of clothing, compass, knife, string, sun cream, Vaseline or anti-chaffing cream, needle and thread,…
All clothing must be the runner’s size and without alteration since leaving the factory.
If you decide to use poles, you must keep them throughout the whole of the race… It is forbidden to start without sticks and recover them up along the way.
No poles will be allowed in the spare’s bags.
For all your questions concerning obligatory equipment consult on email@example.com